1)Which among the following is the smallest State, area wise?
2) Which city is more Eastern?
3) Which one of the following cities will never get the vertical rays of the sun ?
4) Which one of the following places is not located on the banks of river Ganga?
a) Uttar kashi
5) Xerophytic vegetation is a characteristic feature of
b) Khasi Hills
d) Eastern Hills
6) The transport route connecting the Kashmir from Leh crosses the high mountain ranges at the:
(a) Pir Panjal pass
(b) Karakoram pass
(c) Banihal pass
(d) Zoji La pass
7) What do you understand by the term ‘Doab’ ?
(a) Where the delta of river begins
(b) Where two or more rivers meet
(c) Land between two separate river systems
(d) Land between two tributaries of a river
8) To which group do the tribals of central and southern India belong?
9) Which of the following rivers is known as ‘Vridha Ganga’?
10) What is the correct sequence of the rivers- Godavari, Mahanadi, Narmada and Tapi in the descending order of their lengths?
(a) Godavari – Mahanadi – Narrnada – Tapi
(b) Godavari – Narmada – Mahanadi – Tapi
(c) Narmada – Godavart – Tapi – Mahanadi
(d) Narmada- Tapi – Godavari – Mahanadi
11) Riparian forest is found:
(a) along the banks of rivers and other wetland
(b) the tarai region, on the foot hills of Himalayas
(c) on the foot hills of Eastern slope of Western Ghats
(d) on the foot hills of Eastern slope of Eastern Ghats
12) Most of India’s rainfall is:
13) What type of farming is practised in the densely populated regions of the world?
(a) Commercial farming
(b) Extensive farming
(c) Intensive farming
(d) Plantation farming
14) Where is pearl fishing well developed in India?
(a) Off the Bengal coast
(b) Off Kerala coast
(c) Off the coast at Rameshwaram
15) Which shipyard is known for the manufacture of bargets, coasters arid dredgers?
(a) Hindustan Shipyard
(b) Mazgaon Shipyard
(c) Garden Reach Shipyard
(d) Cochin Shipyard