1)Which one of the following Viceroys of India utilized for the first time local self Government as the basis of election ?
a) Lord Bentick
b) Lord Cornwallis
c) Lord Ripon
d) Lord Lansdowne
2) With reference to Indian Freedom struggle which one among the following events occurred earliest ?
a) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
b) Cripps Mission Proposals
c) Lucknow Pact
d) August Offer
3) Who is the author of the novel ‘Devdas’ ?
a) Rabindranath Tagore
b) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
c) Sharat Chandra Charropadhyay
d) Munshi Premchand
4) Who founded All India Harijan Sangh ?
b) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Jai Prakash Narayan
d) Raj Narayan
5) The Rowlatt Act was passed in the year –
6) The Balkan Plan for fragmentation of India was the brain-child of –
b) M.A. Jinnah
c) Lord Mountbatten
7) Akbar founded the Din-i-Ilahi primarily to
(a) Establish a national religion which would be acceptable to the Muslims and the Hindus
(b) Ensure racial and communal harmony
(c) Found a religious institution
(d) Put an end to differences between Hindus and Muslims
8) Name the Rajput General who bravely fought the Battle of Khanwa before losing to Babar.
(a) Rana Man Singh
(b) Raja Jai Singh
(c) Rana Sanga
(d) Rana Pratap
9) Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Ziauddin Barni – Tarikh-i-Muhammadi
(b) Amir Khusrao – Tabqt-i-Nasiri
(c) Ibn Batuta – Fatwa-i-Jahandari
(d) Shams-i-Siraj Afif – Tarikh-i-Feroze Shahi
10) The rockcut temples of Mahabalipuram were built under the patronage of the
(a) Chola Kings
(b) Pallava Kings
(c) Pandya Kings
(d) Satavahana Kings