21)Who was the first Governor General when the first Anglo-Burmese was stared ?
a) George Barlow
b) Lord Hastings
c) Lord Minto
d) Lord Amherst
22) The ruler of which one of the following States was removed from power by the British on the pretext of misgovernance ?
23) Permanent settlement was a feature of –
a) Zamindari System
b) Ryotwari System
c) Mahalwari System
d) None of these
24) Who founded the Brahmo Samaj ?
a) Debendranath Tagore
b) Keshavchandra Sen
c) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
d) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
25) Who among the following was the founder of the Servants of India Society ?
a) Bal gangadhar Tolak
b) Dadabhai Naoroji
c) Gopal Krishna Gokhle
d)Lala Lajpat Rai
26) The English introduced Ryotwari settlement in –
a) Bengal Presidency
b) Madras Presidency
c) Bombay Presidency
d) Madras and Bombay presidency
27) The normal form of government during the Vedic period was
28) In Jainism the aim of life is to attain Nirvana or Moksha for which one has to
(a) follow three jewels and five vows
(b) practice, non-violence and non-injury to all living beings
(c) renounce the world and attain right knowledge
(d) believe in the Jains and absolute non-violence
29) Which of the following Gods lost his importance as the first deity during the later Vedic period?
30) Harsha was defeated by
(b) King of Valabhi
(d) Pulkesin II