21)The Attorney-General of India is appointed by –
a) The President of India
b) The Prime Minister
c) The Chief Justice of India
d) The UPSC
22) In the election of the President, the value of the vote of the Lok Sabha members:
(a) is same
(b) differs according to the geographical size of the respective State
(c) differs according to the number of votes a member represents
(d) None of the above
23) Who among the following enjoys the rank of a Cabinet Minister of the Indian Union?
(a) Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha
(b) Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission
(c) Secretary to the Government of India
(d) None of the above
24) To elect the President of India, which one of the following election procedures is used?
(a) System of proportional representation by means of the single transferable vote
(b) Proportional representation through list system
(c) Collective voting system
(d) Secondary voting system
25) Who among the following are appointed by the President of India?
I. Governors of States.
II. The Chief Justice and Judges of High Courts.
III. The Chief Justice and the Judges of the Supreme Court.
IV. The Vice-President.
(a) I and II
(b) I, II and III
(c) II, III and IV
(d) I, III and IV
26) What function is specifically prescribed by the Constitution for the Vice-President of India?
(a) Vice-Chancellorship of Universities
(b) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
(c) To assist the President in times of Emergency
(d) None of the above is correct
27) The Rajya Sabha can have a maximum strength of:
28) Match the following:
A. Starred Question
B. Unstarred Question
C. Short Notice Question
1. One asked by a member on matters of public importance of an urgent nature
2. One for which the Concerned minister has to lay on the table a written answer
3. One for which an oral answer is required to be given by a minister on the floor of the House
A B C
(a) 1 2 3
(b) 2 1 3
(c) 3 1 2
(d) 3 2 1
29) Which of the following is incorrect in respect of parliamentary control over the Budget?
(a) Parliament has no say in the preparation of the Budget
(b) Parliament has the power to increase expenditure charged on the Consolidated Fund
(c) Parliament has no power to impose a tax without the President’s recommendation
(d) Parliament cannot increase a tax without the President’s recommendation
30) Which of the following Parliamentary Committees in India acts as ‘watch-dog’ on departmental expenditure and irregularities?
(a) Estimates Committee
(b) Committee on Public Undertakings
(c) Public Accounts Committee
(d) Committee of Public Assurances