31) Which of the following is concerned with the regularity and economy of expenditure of government?
(a) Public Accounts Committee
(b) Estimates Committee
(c) Business Advisory Committee
(d) Committee on Offices on Profit
32) Which of the following provisions of the Constitution can be amended only if
(a) they are passed by a majority of total – membership of each House of Parliament and not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting in each House of Parliament, and
(b) are ratified by the legislatures of one-half of the States?
1. Method of election of President.
2. Provisions regarding the High Court.
3. Abolition of Legislative Council in any State.
4. Qualifications for Indian citizenship
5. Representation of States in Parliament.
(a) I, III, IV and V
(b) II, III and V
(c) I, II and V
(d) I, II, III, IV and V
33) Who among the following can participate in the proceeding of both the Houses of Parliament ?
b) Solicitor General
c) Chief Justice
d) Attorney General
34) Which of the following would be construed as a reasonable restriction of the ‘right to freedom’?
(a) When the State disallows a candidate from securing votes in the name of religion
(b) When the State disallows citizens from forming a club out of State funds that denies access to women
(c) When the Government of Nagaland disallows temporary residents to buy immovable property in Nagaland.
(d) AII of the above
35) What was the decision of the Supreme Court in Keshavanand Bharati case?
(a) Parliament is supreme in the matters of legislation
(b) In matters relating to compulsory acquisition of private property the court had the ultimate powers of determining what is public purpose under Article 31
(c) The power under Article 368 to amend the Constitution cannot be so exercised as to alter the basic structure or the essential features of the Constitution
(d) The Supreme Court has full authority to pronounce on the Constitutional Validity of any State law
36) Which of the following is true about C. Rajgopalachari?
(a) He was the first Speaker of Lok Sabha after independence
(b) He was the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Body of India
(c) He was the first and last Indian Governor General of India after independence
(d) He was the Governor of Tamil Nadu
37) The State having the largest population of scheduled castes is :
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Uttar Pradesh
38) The Constitution makes India a secular State. This means
(a) India shall be a theocratic State
(b) India shall be a State without religion
(c) The State is completely detached from religious affiliations
(d) None of these
39) Judges of High Courts are appointed by
(a) the Chief Justices of the respective High Courts
(c) the President
(d) the Chief Minister
40) Who is known as the first law officer of India ?
a) Chief Justice of India
b) Law Minister of India
c) Attorney General of India
d) Solicitor General of India