English Word Synonyms Questions Answers – MCQ Quiz
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
1)The maidservant left the police station contrite.
2) Mohinder Amarnath had penchant for hook shots.
3)The early monsoon have brought respite to the people.
b) inspite of
c) interval of relief
4) The resignation of the chief minister is intriguing.
5) Ritu asked Rashmi not to meddle in her affairs.
6) She upbraided the little girl who got frightened.
a) make tails
b) make up
7) She is not seen even smiling these days, she is rather pensive.
8) What meaning have you drawn from her tongue in cheek remarks.
9) The Collector has yet relinquished his charge.
a) give up
10)Such conduct deserves reprimand.
11)It was an astute move to sell the property at that stage.
12)She is very discreet.
13) The five experiments gave disparate results.
14) The acerbic remarks of the manager were unwarranted.
15) The coach followed a devious course to its destination.